Wednesday 21 March 2012

Image of a Biker

Would you allow your daughter to go out with a biker ??? even if its the inner most fantasy of any chic - I am sure as a parent it is a big NO!!!

Just like how we have taboo on Sex, Drugs, Gayism or even Aids - there is taboo on Bikers as well. What comes to your mind when you imagine a biker - a leather jacket, Beard (not necessarily - i didnt have this in my imagination when i imagined about bikers even though the guy who introduced me to club had one ;) ), loudness, quirkiness, cig, booze, even drugs, definitely attitude, dont want to mingle with the world. Oh my fav part - the tattoos

What i have experienced in the last few months of introduction to the club has been eye opening (read mouth wide opened in awe!!!)

First thing that i noticed they are very warm people who really care abt friends and family, Vinni always said they are his family. I never could see how? How can Macho and Care really go togther, I saw it live.
I know each of these guys inside out and each one is an unique antique piece that i treasure - Thought of writing down names but I am sure the list is huge. And considering my short term memory loss I am sure to forget a few names :P

Second, how ever accomplished they are in their fields they are a rider and equal. Respect stems out of humility and with the right set of attitude. Its all about having fun, living life to the max with the people you know.

Hype: who doesnt like to get hyped. When there is a train of bullet passing thro - who doesnt stop to have a look. Sometimes the look of "Oh hopeless creatures" hahha tum kya jaano what you are missing out in life. The sound of thump, each with different frequency but still resonating together.

Loudness: Well the ruggedness and loudness in action stems out of simplicity in life. Know what is right, stand by it, propogate it. Voice your opinions.

One big shout out : Passion. There is a reason to live life. And we guys have discovered our passion and we live by it. We dont coward against social taboo but have guts to live by what they believe. Sometimes we dont fit into the society but that is all the more the reason we are revolutionaries to take society to the next level.

You never understand till you experience it first hand just as I did. May be this is what got me coming back for more rides and i can vouch for the anticipation and longing for club meets.

5 comments:

  1. When I watch how they portray a rider or a riders' "GANG" in movies and then see myself in mirror, I seriously feel - Am I missing something or have they actually not learnt before sketching that image?
    But yess, most of the people have got that attitude towards a rider as my frn called me 'neo-hippie' the other day, and I did like it...after all it's about my life and living it - isn't it the life of hippie!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to have given a live and realistic picture of the Bikers :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. arre ye to puraana post ha...I have already read this :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with you :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Geeta, Welcome to my blog. Thanks for your support :) great that u liked it

    ReplyDelete